THE NC TOTAL RETIREMENT PLANS MAKE SAVING EASY:
- Payroll deductions you can start and stop at any time.
- Tax-deferred savings that can reduce your current taxable income.
- Easy-to-use planning tools and personalized assistance.
- Simplified investing: GoalMaker® helps take the guesswork out—and keeps you on track.1
- Transfer options into your pension plan from your NC 401(k), NC 457 and/or NC 403(b) account.
THESE ARE PLANS YOU CAN TRUST. THE PLANS:
WHERE DO YOU STAND TODAY?
Watch Video >
1 Keep in mind that application of asset allocation and diversification concepts does not assure a profit or protect against loss in a declining market. It is possible to lose money by investing in securities.
* Each plan's fund lineup is competitively priced relative to its peers. Benchmark DC Presentation for North Carolina Retirement Systems (for the five years ending Dec. 31, 2016), CEM Benchmarking, Inc., located at https://www.myncretirement.com/supplemental-retirement-board-trustees , link named "Supplemental Retirement Plans' CEM Benchmarking Report," under the Sept. 21, 2017 meeting material. The plans' five-year total net return was 8.5 percent, compared to the peer average return of 7.8 percent.
Amounts withdrawn are subject to income taxes. Prudential Financial and its affiliates do not provide tax or legal advice for which you should consult your qualified professional.
GoalMaker's model allocations are based on generally accepted financial theories that take into account the historic returns of different asset classes. But, of course, past performance of any investment does not guarantee future results. Participants should consider their other assets, income and investments (e.g., equity in a home, Social Security benefits, individual retirement plan investments, etc.) in addition to their interest in the plan, to the extent those items are not taken into account in the model. Participants should also periodically reassess their GoalMaker investments to make sure their model portfolio continues to correspond to their changing attitudes and retirement time horizon.
Retirement Education Counselors are registered representatives of Prudential Investment Management Services LLC (PIMS), Newark, NJ, a Prudential Financial company.