The myNCRetirement Statement (MRS) provided each year by the North Carolina Department of State Treasurer:
- Identifies your State Pension Retirement Benefit, NC 401(k), NC 457, and/or NC 403(b) account balances, and estimated Social Security benefits.*
- May include outside retirement savings and other monthly income sources entered into Prudential’s online Retirement Income Calculator.**
- Projects whether or not you may be on the right track for a secure retirement.
- Provides helpful information on how to make up the difference in any potential savings gap.
- Outlines your beneficiary(ies) on file for your State Pension or Retirement Benefits.
HOW YOUR MRS IS ORGANIZED
- Your Personal Gap Analysis illustrates
whether or not you may be on track with your
- Checkpoint 1 provides your current savings
and service information.
- Checkpoint 2 outlines the sources of your potential retirement income.
- Checkpoint 3 illustrates how saving more
NC 401(k),NC 457 Plan and/or NC 403(b) account could potentially boost your monthly retirement income.
- Checkpoint 4 lists your beneficiary (or beneficiaries) for both your pension plan(s) and your NC 401(k), NC 457 and/or NC 403(b).
*This estimated Social Security income is calculated based on your current earnings and income projections. This estimate is not the result of coordination with the Social Security Administration and does not reflect your actual past earnings. You can access your Social Security statement by visiting ssa.gov/myaccount.
**Personal savings and other monthly income sources totals must be entered into Prudential’s online Retirement Income Calculator prior to the data extraction in order to be included.
Amounts withdrawn are subject to income taxes. Prudential Financial and its affiliates do not provide tax or legal advice for which you should consult your qualified professional.
Participants using the Retirement Income Calculator should consider other assets, income and investments (e.g. equity in a home, Social Security benefits, individual retirement plan investments, etc.) when assessing the adequacy of the estimated income stream as provided by this tool. The Retirement Income Calculator is hypothetical and for illustrative purposes only and is not intended to represent performance of any specific investment, which may fluctuate. There is no assurance that retirement income objectives will be met. It is possible to lose money by investing in securities.